Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Sunday, March 8, 2015

Review: GNC Vitamin C Moisturizing Cream

I have found this product thru my fellow girl talkers from female network. I was intrigued that's why I decided to try it. It was raved my many girl talkers! I thought I should give it a try! :)






Price: PHP 179.00

Where to buy: all GNC stores nationwide. I got mine from SM Bacoor

What it claims:

Vitamin C enhances the skin's natural production of collagen and helps to support healthy skin.

How to use:

Smooth on face and throat upward strokes. Apply daily as an excellent makeup base and nightly for optimum moisturization

Ingredients:
Water, Cetyl Alcohol, Stearyl Alcohol, Isopropyl Myristate, Petrolatum, Propylene Glycol, Glycerol Stearate, PEG-100 Stearate, Dimethicone, Euphorbia Cerifera (Candelilla) Wax, Diazolidinyl Urea, Hydrogenated Polydecene, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Carbomer, Methyl Paraben, Triethanolamine, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Ascorbic Acid, Propyl Paraben, Fragrance





It contains 2oz (57g) of product which is a lot for its price. So I consider it "affordable/cheap".


The texture of this moisturizer is a cross between gel and cream. It's not as thin as gel but not as thick as cream. It has a scent of an orange which is pleasant. The packaging is just a jar so it is not hygienic. Make sure to sanitize before dipping your finger into the product or else it will contaminate the whole thing inside. It has no spf, I need to use separate spf if I will use this during daytime which I find to be a hassle. 

the product

spread slightly

blended

When I applied this to my face, it feels like water. It also dries fast. Maybe within a minute or so. My face feels tight and it kinda stings. Maybe because of the alcohol content. I really don't like that feeling. It doesn't feel moisturizing at all. But I like that it is not greasy or oily.


My verdict?

Pro's:

  • affordable. 57g for 179php? that's cheap.
  • easily absorbed by the skin.
  • not oily/greasy.
  • easy to apply and blend.
  • smells good.
  • easy to find. available in all gnc stores nationwide.
  • good as a night moisturizer.

Con's:

  • Container is unhygienic.
  • No spf.
  • Contains alcohol. It stings!

This product is just okay. Nothing special. I will still use it but for night only since it does not have spf. It is already summer so sunscreen is a must! 


Thanks for reading!!!


Pam :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

DISCLAIMER