Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Wednesday, November 11, 2015

NYX Soft Matte Lip Cream - is it worth the hype?

Hello!! Welcome back to my blog! Today's blog post is going to be  review and swatches on the famous NYX Soft Matte Lip Cream. I think this is one of the firsts in the liquid lipstick market.

Let's get into the price, product claims and where you can get this product.



NYX Soft Matte Lip Cream

Price and Where to buy: PHP390 at malls, PHP280 at @beautytrendsph on instagram

Product Claims:

Neither lipstick nor lip gloss, this matte lip cream is a new kind of lip color that goes on silky smooth and sets to a matte finish. Soft Matte Lip Cream is surprisingly durable and unlike some matte lipstick formulas also moisturizing.



Packaging is really simple, it has doe foot applicator. You can see the shade immediately since the tube is see-through. It is really convenient if you have several of these in your collection, you don't need to open the cap anymore for you to see what exactly the shade is, unlike their matte lipsticks. Those have the same packaging in all of the shade.

The consistency of this lip cream is mousse-y. Sort of whipped cream texture. It's easy to apply because it's not too thin nor too thick. It is also really pigmented, one dip from the tube will provide you one even coat on the lips.

This lip cream smells really good!! It smells like vanilla cake batter.


One thing I don't like about this is that it's really drying!! It has this crack-y appearance throughout the wear time, on about 1-2 hour mark. (see the photo below) I was expecting this to be moisturizing because of the texture but I was wrong. This is too drying for my lips. When I apply lip balm over it to lessen the dryness, the lip cream becomes tacky. If you've read my review about the LA Girl Matte Pigment Glosses, you already know how I HATE sticky lip products.

But these on their own are not sticky, they're very matte and dry.

Now I'll show you the swatches of these lip creams on my lips.


Shade: Cannes - Rosy Pink

I'm obsessed with this shade! Look how beautiful it is!! It's the perfect everyday lip color. That's why even if it's drying, I still wear it! I wear lip liner underneath to lessen the appearance of crack-y lips. 


Shade: Prague - Bright Berry Pink

I thought this was going to be a deep color but it's bright instead, still, love the color! If I don't wear reds, I wear this! :)

The longevity of this lip product is fine. They lasts for about 4 hours on me wihout eating. They completely wear off after eating. One thing I like the most about this lip cream is it's transfer-proof!! You can drink from a cup without leaving a stain behind.



All in all, I love this lip cream even though it's drying. I'll just wear lip liner underneath to lessen the crack-y appearance. I recommend exfoliating and conditioning the lips before wearing these.

Let's sum it up!

PROs
  • Smells like vanilla cake batter
  • Affordable
  • Locally available
  • Lots of shades to choose from
  • Easy to apply
  • Simple and sleek packaging
  • Transfer-proof
  • Pigmented
  • Easy to touch up with, not cakey
CONs
  • Drying on the lips
  • Crack-y appearance after 2 hours of wear

Will I recommend it? Yes!! Try it and smell it, you'll surely fall in love with it hahaha
Will I repurchase? Yes! I want to try copenhagen but it is always out of stock!


Thank you so much for reading! I hope you found this review helpful! Please subscribe via email if you want to be notified for new posts, you can find it after the ABOUT ME section on the right side of my blog. <3 See you in my next one!! Byeee!! <3

Have a great day ahead! God bless! :)

Subscribe to my youtube channel: www.youtube.com/pammycamia
Follow me on instagram: www.instagram.com/pamelacamia
Join me on Facebook: www.fb.com/pammcamia
Snapchat me: pamelacamia

No comments:

Post a Comment

DISCLAIMER