Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Tuesday, November 3, 2015

Review & Lip Swatches: NYX Matte Lipsticks

Hello!!! I'm so happy that I'm back on track. Expect me to post atleast 2 blogs per week! <3

Today's blog post is going to be a review on these matte lipsticks from NYX. Fortunately, NYX is now available here in the Philippines. I saw their counter at MOA, SM Aura and SM Makati! They have a lot of products available! But the price is much higher than online price though.


NYX Matte Lipstick

Price: PHP 390 in malls, PHP 280 at @beautytrendsph on instagram

Where to buy: Malls, Online @beautytrends on instagram

Product Claims:

NYX Matte Lipsticks are highly pigmented richly formulated and long-wearing. The formula glides on smoothly and stays put with a non-drying matte finish. 


This lipstick is available in 33 shades. I only have 4 of them. Merlot, Sweet Pink, Perfect Red and Bloody Mary.



The packaging is simple and sleek, a little flimsy though. The scent? it's unscented.

Let's jump to swatches and individual reviews of each shade.

NOTE: Excuse my Extra Extra Large Face. X_X



Here's my natural lip color. My lips are super pale, I don't know why it is not that pale here in the photo. These lipsticks are super pigmented! One swipe, you get the color.



Shade: Sweet Pink - Super Bright Barbie Pink

I don't wear this kind of pink. This is actually my sister's. Super bright nicki minaj pink! This is super creamy! This fits my sister really good. This shade will definitely make you younger! :)



Shade: Merlot - Muted Berry-Red

This is my favorite out of all!! It's so wearable, day or night! This is super creamy as well! This is perfect for those who are afraid to wear red lipsticks. You need this in your life! I promise. :D This is also perfect for Fall, if only we have that season here in the Philippines... </3



Shade: Bloody Mary - Bright Red-Pink Color

I heard it's a dupe for Nars Matte Velvet Lip Pencil in Dragon Girl, the reason why I bought it in the first place. This is a bit stiff in texture, kind of like Ruby Woo by MAC. But nevertheless, this is so pretty! 



Shade: Perfect Red - Red with tiny teeny bit of Orange tint

This was given to me by my classmate, thanks Ilona! <3 This shade is so classic! Super creamy as well! Want to try red lipstick? This one's for you!




Close up of the swatches.

Let's sum it up!


  • These lipsticks are affordable! For 280 a pop, you'll get a decent matte lipstick. 
  • The longevity is great. I get 4-5 hours of wear out of these, without eating. I definitely need to reapply after eating. 
  • Is it drying? Of course! I haven't tried a lipstick that isn't drying, even those cream formulas dry out my lips. Always have lip balm on hand during touch ups.
  • The formula on these varies though, the lighter ones are really chalky from what I've seen on youtube swatches. I will recommend the pinks and the bolder shades of this line.
  • Packaging is a bit flimsy but it's okay, it's affordable!


Will I repurchase? Yes!
Will I recommend these? Yes!

Thank you so much for reading! I hope you found this review helpful! See you in my next one! Byeee! <3


Subscribe to my youtube channel: www.youtube.com/pammycamia
Follow me on instagram: www.instagram.com/pamelacamia
Join me on Facebook: www.fb.com/pammcamia


Pam :)

3 comments:

  1. Wow all the shades are amazing. I am loving Sweet Pink a lot :)

    http://curious-and-confused-me.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

DISCLAIMER