Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Sunday, November 8, 2015

Review and Lip Swatches: Wet n Wild Megalast Lipsticks

Hello there beautiful! Welcome to my blog!! <3 Today's post is going to be my review on to the famous Wet N' Wild Megalast Lipsticks!




Wet n Wild Megalast Lip Color

Price&Where to buy: PHP 299 at malls, PHP 150 at @beautytrendsph on instagram

Product Claims:

This is basically our Magnum Opus of lipstick—it’s the one thing we absolutely MUST put on when we’ve got a cocktail party or black tie event. This 4-hour, longwearing lip color leaves a semi-matte cream finish in one stroke. Glides on easily with rich, velvety color that doesn’t cake, feather, or bleed. Made with hydrating skin-care ingredients: Hyaluronic Microspheres provide extraordinary adhesion to lips, an exclusive polymer complex offers cushion-like feel and texture, and natural marine plant extracts coenzyme Q10 and vitamins A & E help smooth lips.


Click for larger picture
First of all, these are very affordable! You can get it anywhere from 150-300 pesos depending on where you buy it. They don't have completely matte finish as to what others say, they have more of a satin finish. But the longer you wear it, the more matte it becomes.


It's hard to apply if your lips aren't moisturized, it will drag during application. Make sure to apply lip balm prior to wearing these lipsticks. They are also drying! Applying lip balm once every two hours helps.



The packaging is the one thing I only hate about this lipstick, the bullet doesn't retract fully back on its base. You're left with a little bit of product sticking out. I always nick on them!! It makes the lipstick look so dirty :( See the photo above. (Medyo nahirapan ako i-explain to ha, tingnan nyo nalang yung picture hahahahahaa) But this will not be a problem once you used all the top part of the lipstick :D


They have tooooons of available shades. I only have 5 of them. Let's now get into individual swatches/review.



Shade: Bare it All - Peachy Nude

This shade is too nude for my liking. I really don't like this one, it washes me out. :( But I've read and watched a lot of rave on this particular shade, it just didn't work out on me. I have also heard that this is a good alternative for MAC's Velvet Teddy Lipstick. This lasts 2-3 hours on my lips without eating/drinking and I have to reapply every time I eat and drink.




Shade: In the Flesh - Terracotta Nude

This one suits me better than Bare it All. It's a perfect everyday nude shade for me. This is my most worn lipstick out of all of 'em. This lasts 3-4 hours on me without drinking/eating and I have to reapply it every time I eat; drinking is fine.



Shade: Wine Room - Rosy Pink

This is my favorite out of all if only it didn't break! :( The lipstick has detached from its base, and I didn't do anything with it, it just happened :(( But I will definitely repurchase this shade, Hopefully, it will not break again. </3 This lasts 4 hours on me without eating and drinking and leavse a stain after eating.



Shade: Cherry Picking - Bright Red Fuschia

This shade is really bright and very pigmented, all of them actually are very pigmented. This stains the lips really good! The lasting power is beyond my expectation for a 150 lipstick! Lasts for hours with drinking and eating! The stain lasts all day. Downside is, it's very hard to remove, even with VCO and it feathers/bleeds. Hanggang kinabukasan pag gising ko mapula pa din labi ko! hahahaha


Shade: Sugar Plum Fairy - Dark Reddish Purple

My first ever WNW lipstick! Hahaha. The staying power of this one even exceeds Cherry Picking. Seriously!!! It doesn't wear off. Same as Cherry Picking, it bleeds so be careful when eating with this lipstick on. This one is a good dupe for MAC's Rebel lipstick


Haha. Here's my lips after swatching. See the stain I'm talking about? All in all, I'm very pleased with the performance of these lipsticks considering how cheap they really are! Bleeding? Nothing like a lip liner could fix. I also recommend setting the darker colors with some powder to prevent further feathering.

Let's sum it up!

PROs

  • Very affordable!
  • It leaves beautiful stain on your lips.
  • Lots of shades to choose from!
  • Darker shades are VERY long lasting.
  • Becomes matte the longer you wear it, I LOVE MATTE! <3
CONs

  • Packaging is crappy. But what do I expect? It's a cheap product.
  • It's hard to remove!
  • Readily available in malls but it's overpriced! Buying online for a cheaper price is a hassle since you also have to pay shipping fee.
  • They bleed/smudge/feather if you don't use lip liner with them.
  • Drying.

Will I recommend it? YES! It's good for beginners since it's very affordable and offers a lot of shades.
Will I repurchase? YES! I have to repurchase Wine Room and I want to try Cherry Bomb. <3


Thank you so much for reading! I hope you found this review helpful! If you want to be notified for new posts, follow me by Email, you can find it after my About Me section! I can't get my GFC work huhu. :( Anyway, again thank you so much for reading!! I just hit 21,000 page views!!! OMG!! Expect a giveaway this month!! <3 See you in my next one! Byeee!! <3

Subscribe to my youtube channel: www.youtube.com/pammycamia
Follow me on instagram: www.instagram.com/pamelacamia
Join me on Facebook: www.fb.com/pammcamia
Snapchat me: pamelacamia


Pam :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

DISCLAIMER