Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Friday, January 3, 2014

Post-Christmas Haul + Mini Reviews!

My first beauty related post! =))

Congrats to myself! Hahahaha!


I'd like to share what I bought during holidays!! :) Minsan lang 'to, pagbigyan na!


Okidoki let's start!


Here's what I bought!  (SWATCHES ARE DOWN BELOW)





TOP

Maybelline The Falsies Mascara - Best mascara I've used so far! It really volumizes andi t's 100% waterproof! It doesn't smudge at all. PHP 449 original price but I got it for only PHP319 during their crazy 30% off sale!



iWhite Korea Aqua Moisturizing Cream - This is a great light weight moisturizer, it's water based. It really feels water when you blend it onto your face, nothing much to say, there's no spf though. But it's great lightweight moisturizer, perfect for those oily gals like me! :) PHP169.00



Revlon Colorstay Foundation for oily/combo in Golden Beige - Best foundation! It really last all day! This is actually my second bottle. I really really love it!! It is full coverage foundation, I don't use concealer anymore when I use this. The only downside is the color selection, I have strong yellow undertone and this appears ashy on me, but it oxidizes and blends well into my skin. And this has white cast!! Don't use this during night time where you'll be having flash photography! PHP 825.00




Nature Republic Collagen HD Primer BB Cream - This is my third time trying a bb cream, first is the maybelline, second is the Missha one, the red bottle, I forgot the name. And I really don't like BB creams at all. They tend to appear GRAY on my skin. Literally gray!! I hate it that's why I don't use bb cream anymore. But when I swatched this bb cream, it has yellow undertone! The SA tried it on my sister and it really makes her face flawless, so yeah I bought it! It really looks natural, and it has SPF 27 PA++ which is great during daytime but not night time! Yes it does have white cast. It doesn't last all day though, atleast for my oily face. Given the affordable price, I'd rather not complain. It doesn't have oil controlling features but it's oil free. PHP 375.00



MIDDLE



ELF Contouring Blush & Bronzer - Great palette. I use the bronzer everyday! It has shimmer but when it's on your face, it is MATTE. It contours beautifully and naturally. As for the blush, it's too sheer for me, it doesn't show on my face. I think the blush might suit those light skinned people! :) But this is really a must have for me now that I have it. Since I was using brown eyeshadow all through my life as contour before purchasing this lil baby! PHP 249.75




FS Cosmetics Matte Lipstick in TWIG - Great plum shade! It is really matte but not as matte as the Ever Bilena Matte lipsticks. This isn't as dry as that. This is more of a velvet matte kind of lipstick. It lasts about 3-4 hours on me.  And yes typical matte lipstick, this is drying. Apply a lip balm before using this. PHP 299.00




Maybelline Colorsensational Lipstick in Totally Toffee - My first nude lipstick! This is great lipstick for medium skinned people like me! It doesn't wash me out!! It doesn't last long though, you have to reapply every 2 hours, especially if you keep on licking your lips like me. I got this on sale! PHP 399.00 original price but I got it for only P279.00. Great deal :)



BOTTOM



Artist Studio Angled Flat Top brush - This is seriously the bomb!!! I really like applying my foundation with this brush, it's dense enough to buff my revlon colorstay foundation which is really thick. I'm really inlove with this brush. But it shed once, it didn't bled on first wash :) Php 129.00 available at Landmark!


Artist Studio Flat Top brush - Just like the angled one, this is the bomb!! These are really cheap brushes but has really great quality. I also like buffing my foundation with this brush. I alternate these two brushes, but I reach for my angled one more often. PHP 149.00 @ Landmark.




Nature Republic Botanical Eyebrow Mascara - My first eyebrow mascara. I love using this. I got the shade no. 2 which is a light brown shade. I originally have dark eyebrows and I use dark eyebrow pencil as well because light pencil just doesn't look good on my brows so it really looks so harsh. But when I top it off with this brow mascara, everything just looks so natural! That's what eyebrow mascaras are for! PHP 345.00




Essence all about matt! fixing loose powder - The last one. I expected so much with powder. :( Because of its good reviews online. They said it's good on controlling oil but it didn't control my oily face that good. Sure it controlled but the heck, only 1-2 hours and I'm oily again!! I think it's the weather? errr. But this powder makes my face so smooth! The texture of it is starch-y. It's kind of chalky? But not. It is easily blendable and it doesn't make my face white despite of it being WHITE powder. It goes on translucent! :) PHP 269.00

SWATCHES:

Left to right: Nature Republic Collagen HD Primer BB cream, Revlon colorstay in golden beige, FS Lipstick in TWIG, Maybelline Lipstick in Totally Toffee, ELF Contouring blush and bronzer.


That's it for my haul!! Thank you guys for reading this! Have a prosperous year ahead :)

xx
Pam

2 comments:

DISCLAIMER