Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Friday, May 8, 2015

Review: NEW Maybelline Baby Lips Electro Pop Lip Balm in Pink Shock

Hello beautiful!! <3


I hate my super pale lips. It makes me look sick when I don't have makeup on. My sister always teases me for having it. I don't want to wear lipstick every time just to prevent my lips from looking pale. I resorted to colored or tinted lip balms. Not only it moisturizes, it also give back some color in my life, este my lips.

I saw this new lip balm from Maybelline. It was called "electro pop". I saw 4 colors at the counter. Orange, Pink, Violet and Peach. I wish there was red or berry color. :( I just picked up the pink one.


Price: PHP 99.00

Where to buy: Watson's, SM Department Stores, Super Markets.

What it Claims?

The next generation of lip balm is born, from Maybelline New York.

Sheer Color and Shine
Infused with electric color pigments in our exclusive lip renew formula, for a sheer tint of color and shine.

8 HR Continuous Moisture
Formula with shea butter and vitamin E gives lips a soft and natural finish and leaves a supple and smooth feeling.

Clinical Strength Lip Balm
88% had smoother lips* 70% had suppler lips*
82% had less dry lips* 83% had better-looking lips*
Dermatology-tested, Allergy tested


Packaging

I hate packaging. I wish it was just packaged like their original baby lips lip balm. It does not fully retract inside. Not clumsy-friendly! I actually already nicked the tip of the lip balm. :(


It contains 3.5g of product
The color isn't shocking as the name goes "Pink Shock". It is very wearable pink. It is pigmented for a lip balm. You can actually wear it by itself. Just swipe this on and go! I wear this everyday and I noticed that my lips became smoother and suppler. Even though it has tint or color, it didn't affect the performance of the lip balm. Some tinted lip balms tend to be drying because of the color. I also like the scent. It smells sweet and fruity! It is watermelon flavored.

Swatches,
Top - Several Swipes
Bottom - One Swipe
The pigmentation of this lip balm is on point! I love how it moisturizes and gives color to my lips at the same time! 

Bare Lips
 Here are my bare lips. It's pretty pale right? If I'm not wearing lipstick, my friends and classmates always say this to me: "Okay ka lang?" "Ang putla mo pam!"



With several swipes of the lip balm
If you don't like putting on lipstick, try this tinted lip balm. It will give you color without that heavy feeling from a lipstick. Plus, it will not dry out your lips like a lipstick. 

It is not sticky nor slippery. It has that perfect consistency. Since it is tinted, bleeding outside the lip line is my problem. I make sure I wipe off the excess color outside my lip line. All in all, I really like this lip balm! It's affordable too! 

Let's sum it up!

What I like about it:
  • Affordable
  • Available Locally
  • Pigmented for a lip balm
  • Very Moisturizing
  • My lips felt amazing after a few days of wear
  • Doesn't dry out my lips even though it has tint/color
  • Has variety of shades to choose from
What I don't like about it:
  • The packaging. The product doesn't fully retract inside. I always nick the tip of it every time I take the cap off.

Will I repurchase? Definitely. I hope it did came with red or berry shade, I'll totally pick it up.

Will I recommend this? YES! Especially to those women out there that don't wear lipstick but want to have a slightly tinted lips!


Thank you so much for reading! I hope you found this review helpful! Have a great day! God bless! :)

Subscribe to my youtube channel: www.youtube.com/pammycamia
Follow me on instagram: @pamelacamia
Join me on Facebook: www.fb.com/pammcamia


PAM :)

1 comment:

  1. You try Baby Lips Cherry. It has a more red tint. Parehas tayo mukhang pale so instead of putting lipstick palagi, I resort to tinted lip balms too. Ongoing pa ang sale sa Maybelline. 150 lang ang bili ko sa malaking lip balm. 85 lang ung maliit.

    ReplyDelete

DISCLAIMER