Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Friday, May 29, 2015

Review: Pixy UV Whitening Perfect Matte Two Way Cake

Hello!! I'm back with a powder foundation review! I recently finished my Maybelline all-in-one powder foundation and I am planning to repurchase it until I stumbled upon this NEW Pixy makeup brand at the department store.

They have different lines of powder foundation. Perfect Fit, Perfect Matte and Ultimate Makeup Cake. I chose Perfect Matte because I have oily skin.



Pixy UV Whitening Perfect Matte Two Way Cake

Price: 
PHP 145 - refill 
PHP 275 - wih compact

Where to buy: SM Department Stores, Watson's

What it Claims?

Lightweight powder foundation with oil free formula, cover skin imperfections with matte and sweat proof finish. Clinically proven non-comedogenic, suitable for oily skin. Enriched with Extract Kanzo and antibacterial to prevent acne-causing bacteria.

Directions: Apply evenly with dry sponge for natural finish and wet sponge for perfect covered long lasting finish.

w/ flash

w/o flash
I got it in the shade Honey Beige. There are 3 available shades, Yellow Ochre, True Beige and the one that I have. It is a medium shade with yellow undertone.

It has 12 grams of product.

The SA said that Pixy products are made in Indonesia but is a Japanese Brand.

w/o flash

w/ flash
I love this powder foundation. It has medium-buildable coverage. It can cover redness, minor pigmentation and blemishes. See it in action below:


WITHOUT POWDER                                  WITH POWDER
 It suits my skin tone really well. It is easy to apply! I put on one layer then another layer on areas I need more coverage. You can see above that it covers great! I didn't have to use a concealer! I used the sponge that came with it.

WITHOUT POWDER                                 WITH POWDER
It does not cling to my dry patches. It has a smooth and matte finish. This is a two-way foundation so you can use it wet and dry. I haven't tried using it wet though, dry application has already good coverage for me. Maybe using it wet will make it full coverage at first layer. For a light and natural finish, use a brush. I also like using this as touch-up powder since it doesn't cake!

WITHOUR POWDER                                  WITH POWDER

The powder's texture is not as dry as maybelline's white superfresh but also not as creamy as the maybelline's all-in-one powder. It is also lightweight! The scent is okay, nothing good or bad.

It has spf15. It is not flash photography-friendly.

As for the oil-control, it is okay. So-so. I get a good 2-hour shine free look, after that, I need to blot for sure.

The longevity of this powder foundation is the bomb! It lasts 6 hours on me, considering the humid weather + the oily face of mine! I just blot the oils and the foundation will remain intact! I will definitely repurchase it with the compact!

Close up

 It doesn't accentuate my very large pores on cheeks which is a surprise for me. Any powder foundation I put on my face accentuate it and make it look dull.

All in all, I like this powder foundation!! Have you tried this yet? Comment down below <3

Let's sum it up!

What I like about it:

  • Affordable!!
  • Has refills. Perfect if you want to try it out first just like what I did.
  • Medium-Full coverage.
  • Has yellow undertone that suits asian skin tones.
  • Can be used wet for more coverage.
  • Doesn't have bad scent.
  • Long-lasting!
  • Lightweight!
  • Doesn't make my face dull although it has a matte finish.
  • The sponge is high quality.
  • Easy to touch-up with.
  • Doesn't break me out.
  • Has spf 15.
What I don't like about it:
  • Poor oil control.
  • Only available in 3 shades.

Will I recommend it? YES! I think this suits any skin types! :)
Will I repurchase? DEFINITELY!!

Thank you so much for reading! I hope you found this review helpful! Have a great day ahead! God bless! :)

Subscribe to my youtube channel: www.youtube.com/pammycamia
Follow me on instagram: www.instagram.com/pamelacamia
Join me on Facebook: www.fb.com/pammcamia


Pam :)

3 comments:

  1. Been hearing grade reviews on this and I really want to try this out! Thanks for the review!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This powder is really worth trying!! :D Thanks for reading! <3

      Delete
    2. Used it for around 3 days now, and I must say, it keeps my facial oils at bay. 7hours in the office and still no need to ise blotting paper, 12 hours and some shine is barely peeking through. I used it wet though, which added to the staying power. I'be tried a few (affordable) brands in the span of 15 years (been using makeup since college), but I have never come across anything that gives a matte finish with the staying power of this thing. Good review!

      Delete

DISCLAIMER