Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Monday, March 16, 2015

Review: NEW Maybelline White SuperFresh Powder Foundation

Maybelline just launched their new powder foundation, the White SuperFresh. I was intrigued because of the tag line "The no touch-up powder". Since I have oily skin, I tend to touch up maybe 3-4 times a day. Will this powder live up to its claim?





Price: PHP 299

Where to buy: Watsons and Department stores.

What it claims:

Full coverage
Lon-lasting matte finish
Enriched with mineral perlite for maximum oil absorption
Keeps away sweat and oil for 12 hours.
Fresh, radiant look
Flawless, even coverage
Doesn't clog pores
12H Bright matte look and fresh feel

It contains 9g of product. It has spf 34.


First, let us talk about the packaging. It is a white compact. The base is transparent. It comes with a sponge. I love how the sponge has a separate compartment. I love the packaging! It looks elegant. Plus it smells really good!!  

I got it in the color 04 Honey which is same shade as my clear smooth all in one powder. I compared the two shades at the counter and they are pretty much the same except the white superfresh is more yellow.

It is available in 4 shades.
  • 02 nude beige
  • 03 natural
  • 04 honey
  • 05 sand beige



This was taken with flash. I could already tell that this isn't for flash photography.

Now let's move on to the road test!! 


I tested this powder foundation without concealer and liquid foundation to see if it is really full coverage.


It is really white. Hahahaha. The application was so easy. I used the sponge that came with it. It has medium coverage. It did not cover my dark spots. This accentuate any dry areas on your face. It is a very dry powder. 


After 30 minutes, the color matched me. I really like how it looked except that my nose is already a little bit shiny, nothing excessive. It lessens the appearance of my big pores on my cheek area. 


1 hour later, my nose is oily. But the rest of my face kept matte. I did blot my nose and the foundation came off. 


I reapplied the powder just on my nose area. The rest kept matte! <3


An hour later after the touch up, my nose is shiny again. My forehead is a little bit shiny but my cheeks and the rest kept matte. I did not touch up this time.


An hour and a half later. Yes my face is oily. This time I only blotted. No powder.


Last update at 9:35 pm. Almost 5 and a half hours since the initial application. I'm shiny all over. The powder came off in my nose area. What you guys think? :( huhuhu. But I like that it did not darken on me cause my other powder does that. 

I will not use this on its own though. It doesn't cover major dark spots. Maybe with a little bit of concealer then this on top, I can get away with. But I will keep this inside my purse for touch ups. I have yet to try this on top of liquid foundation. I will update this post if it makes a difference.

Oh the lipstick I am wearing is WNW sugar plum fairy. I did not touch up with my lipstick at all hahaha I love this lipstick to bits!! I did a look using lipstick! Click here to view it.


Let's sum it up!

What I like about it:
  • Affordable at 299 per compact. It is also available in refill with sponge at 199.
  • It has spf 34.
  • Medium coverage.
  • Color matches me after 30 minutes.
What I did not like about it:
  • Did not kept my face matte for 12 hours.
  • Needs frequent touch ups.
  • Did not live up to its many claims. At least for my super duper oily face.
  • Not long wearing.
  • It accentuate any dry area on your face at initial application.
  • Few shades available.
Will I repurchase? No. 

Take note that I have super oily skin. If you have normal skin type maybe this will work for you.

Thank you for reading! I hope you found this helpful! God bless!!

Pam :)





6 comments:

  1. Excellent review! i loved it, very detailed. Thanks for sharing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I believe this is just meant to be a blotting powder despite the "foundation" on the packaging. Have you tried it as a setting powder?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yup! It cakes when I use it as a setting powder. Super dry kasi ng texture nya. :(

      Delete
  3. Sadly the product's claims aren't real. My friends have tried this as well and said the same. It's not at all long-lasting/long-wearing.

    ReplyDelete

DISCLAIMER