Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Friday, May 1, 2015

REVIEW: BYS Blending Sponge

Hi beautiful! :)

Have you heard of beauty blender? It is an edgeless, non-disposable, high-definition cosmetic sponge applicator. It is an egg-shaped sponge that helps application of foundation, concealer, primer or even powder streak-free.



I honestly don't have one but I've seen it on many youtubers. It doubles in size, it becomes bouncy and very soft when you wet it. It is used damp.

UPDATE: I have found a better and cheaper sponge than this! Check it out here.

Now on the sponge that I have, BYS Blending Sponge. It does double in size, it becomes soft and bouncy but not too much like the beauty blender. 






Price: PHP 299.00

Where to buy: BYS stalls on Watson's and SM Department stores. I got mine from SM

What it Claims?

Use this Blending Sponge to achieve a flawless airbrushed finish. The Blending Sponge is an ergonomic makeup tool designed to save time in application of your foundation and allows you to achieve a flawless air brushed finish without any fuss or mess. As the blending sponge has no sharp edges or corners; it eliminates visible lines and your foundation will be streak free/

How to use it:

Dampen the sponge until it expands (it will expand to almost twice its size when dry). Squeeze out all of the excess  water so that you are left with a slightly damp sponge. Dip the blending sponge into your preferred foundation and start to bounce the sponge over your face (this is called stippling). Use the wider area of the sponge to the larger areas of your face (cheeks, forehead, chin etc) and use the poited end to apply your foundation to the harder to reach places such as around the mouth/nose and under the eyes. To achieve full coverage; simply apply more foundation to the sponge or build up on areas requiring more coverage.

Keep your Blending Sponge clean by hand washing in warm water with a gentle soap until clean. Rinse well and allow to air dry.


I have a clip of the sponge showing how soft and bouncy it is.





It doesn't matter to me if it is not as soft or as bouncy as the original beauty blender, what matter the most is the finish that it gives. 


Dry


I love using this with my under eye. Not only it gives a very smooth finish, it also thins out the concealer to prevent any caking or settling on fine Watch it in action here.

The sponge is great for thicker foundations such as Maybelline Fit me! Matte + Poreless Foundation that I have yet to review. It gives such a beautiful smooth finish. No caking up whatsoever.

This is good for dry skinned gals as it gives more moisture since it is used damp.

Damp

It is very easy to use, just wet it then squeeze out any excess water.

What I don't like about this sponge is it's very hard to squeeze (pigain) when cleaning as in masakit sa kamay. It retains so much water inside that makes it not super soft like the beauty blender. It is also hard to clean. I suggest washing it right away after using it so that foundation will not stain the sponge.

I don't recommend it using everyday because it's a hassle for me to wash it everyday, it takes me a full 10 minutes just squeezing out the excess bubbles from the cleanser. I use liquid dish washing soap to clean it.

So far, there are no stains yet on my sponge, the longest that I have not washed it is 1 week or more, I can't remember.

Comparing this to other sponges that I have used in the past, this is the softest, bounciest and smoothest.

Let's sum it up!

What I like about it?
  • Soft
  • Bouncy
  • Affordable
  • Available Locally
  • Gives smooth streak-free finish
  • Easy to use
  • Reusable means eco-friendly!
  • Blends well.

What I don't like about it?
  • Hard to clean.
  • Not good for everyday use for me since I have to wash it right away after using.

Will I repurchase? YES! Even though it is hard to clean, the finish that it gives outweigh it! I totally recommend this! :)


Thank you so much for reading! I hope you found this review helpful! Make sure you subscribe to my blog to be notified for new posts! Subscribe by joining my site thru Google Friend Connect! Have a great day ahead! God bless! :)

Subscribe to my youtube channel: www.youtube.com/pammycamia
Follow me on instagram: @pamelacamia
Join me on Facebook: www.fb.com/pammcamia


Pam :)










4 comments:

  1. nice review sis.. matry nga yan.. hesitant kc aq bumili nyan kc bka matigas at mahirap linisan.. gnun kc ung forever21 na egg sponge.. hirap sakit sa kamay kakapiga.. ung real technique sponge ang bilis lng linisan.. sobrang lambot pa.. wla kc aq nung BB.. ang mahal eh.. hehe.. thanks again

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi sis! Madali pigain un real techniques? Gusto ko din i-try yan eh! Thanks for the info!! <3

      Delete
  2. sis nagtanong ako nun sa sales lady ng bys. sabi nya mas maganda nga daw yang egg sponge nila compared dun sa sa hawak kong wedge sponge na naghihimulmol at nagbrebreak o hiwahiwalay pag hinuhugasan. yan daw kasi synthetic sponge at matibay. totoo ba? planning to buy one soon so i'll be waiting for your reply. thanks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi sis! Okay naman siya, maganda din pang blend. Ang problem niya is matigas siya mahirap pigain pag nililinis, as in mangangalay ka. :( Pero sa blending skills nya, okay siya! :D Tingin ka sa daiso na malapit sayo, baka may blending sponge pa. May blending sponge ako galing sa daiso, malambot and okay pang blend. Check mo tong link para sa review ko. http://pamcamia.blogspot.com/2015/05/awesome-cheap-find-daiso-beauty-blender.html

      Delete

DISCLAIMER