Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Tuesday, June 16, 2015

Review: E.L.F. Shimmering Facial Whip in Lilac Petal

Looking for highlighter that won't break your budget? Try this liquid highlighter from E.L.F!


I've known this product for years but I just ignored it since I don't know what it is for. (I have no idea in Highlighting/Contouring yet that time. Hahaha.) I saw reviews on eyeslipsface.com and got excited how much they rave about this facial shimmering whip.




E.L.F. Shimmering Facial Whip in Lilac Petal

Price: 100-130 pesos depends on where you buy. I got mine from a bazaar for 100.

Where to buy: E.L.F Philippines kiosks/stalls (not sure if they still sell it), Online Shops.

What it claims (taken from eyeslipsface.com):

Our Shimmering Facial Whip is a multipurpose, on-the-go whipped highlighter packed with Vitamin E to instantly brighten and soothe skin with no greasy after-feel. Ideal for using on your cheeks, lips, eyelids or anywhere you would like a radiant pop of shimmering color. 



It contains 9.5 g of product which is a lot because a little goes a long way. I also love the tiny packaging. It is so practical and travel-friendy. I love the small nozzle tip! It dispenses the product with control.



The shade is called Lilac Petal which is a peachy pink color with lots of fine shimmer. It looks natural as if you are glowing from the inside! I personally don't like highlighting since I already have oily skin, adding more shine to my face makes me look like disco ball. But not with this one. I make sure I apply one thin stripe like in the picture below then blend it IMMEDIATELY.

Click for larger image

The only downside with this liquid highlighter is it is hard to blend. It is a little bit sticky during blending process but dries to a natural, non-sticky finish. The scent is so good! It smells like bubble gum, fruity flavor.

This also last all day on me. I recommend putting this before setting your face with powder. I tried using this after Powder Foundation and it looks patchy.

I blend it with either my E.L.F. Small Stipple Brush or my Daiso Beauty Blender.

All in all, I like this product and I will continue using it. It's affordable, effective, lasts all day.

Let's sum it up!

Pro's:

  • Looks natural.
  • Lasts all day.
  • Shimmers are NOT chunky! <3
  • Affordable.
  • Packaging is simple and practical.
  • Comes with a lot of product since a little goes a long way.
  • Travel-friendly.
  • Small nozzle tip that allows you to control how much product it dispenses.
  • Smells fruity.
Con's:
  • A little bit hard to blend.
  • Sticky during blending process.


Will I recommend this? Yes! If you want to try liquid highlighters but can't afford or don't want to splurge on benefit's high beam, try this one.

Will I repurchase? Yes!


Thank you so much for reading! I hope you found this review helpful! Have a great day ahead! God bless! :)

Subscribe to my youtube channel: www.youtube.com/pammycamia
Follow me on instagram: www.instagram.com/pamelacamia
Join me on Facebook: www.fb.com/pammcamia



Pam :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

DISCLAIMER