Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Wednesday, April 15, 2015

Makeup Tools for Beginners!

Hello, beautiful!!

This is the continuation of my last post "Starter Makeup Kit for Beginners". If you haven't read that, click here! Now on to my topic, makeup tools for beginners!


Makeup tools are as important as the makeup itself. You will not achieve a flawless, even and well-blended makeup without using the right makeup tool. Makeup brushes in particular. They are more complicated and confusing than makeup. You will see a lot of individual brushes and set of brushes. The question is, what do you need and what do you not?

Let's start with face brushes/tools.

Kabuki Brushes from Landmark & @pinaytrueblend on instagram



BYS Blending Sponge
I don't recommend the traditional flat "paddle" foundation brush. It leaves streaks all over the face. Better use your fingers than that. Although synthetic kabuki brushes work the best out of all I've tried. See it in action here. It buffs the foundation seamlessly without any effort since they are really dense. Another option is sponge. You don't necessarily need an egg-shaped sponge, you can use the triangle disposable sponge. I just find using this kind of sponge more inexpensive since you can reuse it. Use a sponge if you want lighter coverage and use kabuki brush for heavier coverage.

Flat powder brush from beauty cosmetics, powder brush from landmark
Powder brush. This is pretty much self-explanatory. Use it to apply setting powder or powder foundation.

Blush brushes from beauty cosmetics and landmark
Blush brush. Use it to apply your blush, bronzer and contour.

Next, Eye Brushes/Tools.

flat eye shadow brush from landmark and beauty cosmetics
Flat Eye shadow brush. Use this to apply your lid color.

crease brush from landmark
Crease Brush/Dome eye shadow brush. This is used to apply deeper colors on the socket and outer corner of your eyes to create depth.

Blending brushes from beauty cosmetics
Blending Brush. The most important of them all. Use this to blend the eye shadows all together to avoid harsh lines/edges.

Angled Eyebrow brush from beauty cosmetics
Angled Eyebrow/Eyeliner Brush. I use this for my brow powders. You can also use this to apply gel or cream eye liners.

small angled eyeshadow brush from beauty cosmetics
Small Angled Eye shadow brush. I use this to apply eye shadow on my lower lashline and apply brow bone and inner tear duct highlight.

Eyebrow Razor from Nichido
Eyebrow Razor or Tweezers. I don't use tweezers though, I can't bear the pain hahaha! I use this to shave off excess hair outside my desired eyebrow shape.

FS Cosmetics eyelash curler
Eyelash Curler. It curls your eyelashes making your eyes bigger, brighter and more awake!

Sharpener from marionnaud

Cosmetic Sharpener. Don't use the regular pencil sharpener as it is harsh for eye pencils, lip pencils etc. I use this to sharpen the tip of my eye and lip pencils for a precise application.

Lip Brush from beauty cosmetics
Last but not the least, Lip Brush. It delivers precise and even application of your lipstick.


I had my first set of brushes two years ago from Beauty Cosmetics and until now, they're still alive and kicking! Plus they are so cute. All of the pink brushes above are from the set. It comes in 12 brushes with pink handle that I can't get enough of! hahaha. It is definitely perfect for beginners! I highly recommend it. They're super soft!

For the kabuki brushes with gold ferrule, I got them from @pinaytrueblend. I have a review on it! Click here to read.

Oh and I also recommend going to Landmark, a lot of makeup tools are waiting for you there. Haha!

A lot of recommendations no? hahaha. Thank you so much for reading! I hope you found this helpful! <3 Have a great day! God bless!


Disclaimer: All products mentioned are purchased by me, myself and I. I am not sponsored to recommend any of the online shops mentioned above. It is my honest and sincere thoughts on it.


Pam :)


No comments:

Post a Comment

DISCLAIMER