Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Thursday, April 2, 2015

Review and Demo: LA Girl Pro Conceal HD Concealer

Hi!! yay for summer vacation!! <3
How are you guys? It is currently summer here in Philippines! Ang init na no? 


I have been looking for concealer that is crease-proof and melt-proof for this summer. So I went to the mall and roamed around. I stumbled upon LA Girl counter at SM Department Store. The SA asked me what am I looking for, I told her I need a concealer na hindi nag-bubuo-buo (that does not crease). She recommended me the LA Girl Pro HD Concealer. I have known this concealer for a while since I have watched it raved by many youtubers.



Price: PHP 299 

Where to buy: Watson's and SM Department stores

What it claims:

Crease-resistant, opaque coverage in a creamy yet lightweight texture. The long-wearing formula camouflages darkness under the eyes, redness and skin imperfections. Provides complete, natural-looking coverage,evens skin tone, covers dark circles and minimizes fine lines around the eyes.

This blendable and buildable formula provides the ultimate, customizable coverage. This must-have concealer includes a soft brush-tip for easy application.

-Camouflages the appearance of skin imperfections
-Evens out skin tone
-Covers dark circles
-Minimizes fine lines
-Provides customizable coverage



I have it in the shade "Creamy Beige". Unfortunately, I only saw 2 shades available, I picked up the lighter one. Again, I googled about it and there 18 shades available plus 6 new shades. I hope LA Girl Philippines can bring them here. Anyway moving on!

First, the packaging. It sucks!!! It comes with a brush tip. It doesn't dispense the product well. You have to squeeze it hard for the concealer to come out. I wish they just came with a small nozzle tip for more control on how much product you want. But it is not really the packaging that I want but the concealer!! The concealer itself is awesome.



The consistency of this concealer is between liquid and cream. It is also blendable. Comparing this to Collection lasting perfection concealer, this is more blendable. I provided a video showing how I use this concealer on my under eye area:



I use a sponge to blend this concealer on my under eye area to create a flawless and airbrushed finish. It will not crease as long as you set it immediately with powder. It lasts all day. It really brightens up my face without having that over-highlighted face.

The coverage? It has medium to full coverage. The smell, I don't smell anything.

It contains .25 oz / 8g of product. The shade matches me well. The other shade available is pure beige if you're wondering.


w/o flash
w/ flash
When used on blemishes.

When I am applying this concealer on my blemishes, I find that using my fingers work the best. You have to layer it on to create full coverage. About two to three layers. On the picture above, I only used one layer for you to see how it covers without building it up.

All in all, I really like this concealer! I like how it doesn't settle into my fine lines and it doesn't crease as well on my under eye area. I also use this as an eye shadow base and it works!! My eye shadow remained intact and crease-free for 8+ hours.

UPDATE: They released new shades and correctors! See the yellow corrector in action here. It makes your foundation more yellow toned!


Let's sum it up!

What I like about it:

  • Medium to full coverage.
  • The shade I got matches me and it doesn't oxidize throughout the day.
  • Multi-purpose! Can be used as under eye concealer/brightener, blemish concealer and eye shadow base! 
  • It is blendable.
  • Affordable!
  • Available locally!
  • All the claims are true!
  • It comes in wide variety of colors!
What I dont like about it:
  • I only saw two shades available locally. I don't know if that's just that or the other colors are only out of stock.
  • The packaging. I wish it just came with a small nozzle tip.

Will I repurchase? OF COURSE!! :D I strongly recommend this!


Thank you so much for reading! I hope you found this blog post helpful! Have a great day! God bless! :)


Pam :)

8 comments:

  1. Hmm not bad. Thanks for the review!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been looking for an affordable concealer but don't know which to get. This one seems promising! I'll head over to Watsons later to check for myself. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What SM branch did you buy it? I've been looking for this months ago :(((

    ReplyDelete
  4. What branch of SM did you buy it? I've been looking for it for months now!! :((((

    ReplyDelete
  5. SM dasmarinas.you can purchase it online kaso preorder. Pero half the price. Check out @beautytrendsph on ig. :D

    ReplyDelete

DISCLAIMER